Florence - A Traveler's Guide to its Gems & Giants
No other editions listed for your country
First Published on Jan 01 2017
- Execution of a Mad Monk
- Punching Michelangelo
- Where the Bodies are Buried
- da Vinci's Secret Woman
- Skull Worship
- The REAL Bonfire of the Vanities
- Drunken Bacchus
- the Plague Doctor
- Kidnapped into Slavery
- Adoration of Botticelli
- Hide Me, Please!
- Stripping Dante
- Is Machiavelli Misunderstood?
- Her Royally Embarrassed Highness
- Stairway to Hell
and many more tales. Patty Civalleri, a professional photographer, shows you where to go and/or climb to take the same fantastic photos that are all throughout the book. BONUS:
Buy this book and get a FREE Gift. Choose either a "FLORENCE Game Pack" or a "FLORENCE Phone App" (avail February 2017.) Both items were designed to 'pair' beautifully with this book. Microcontent for today's busy traveler:
- Trivia - Backstories - Did-you-knows - Visually Rich: over 450 images! This book has no restaurants or bars, no metro schedules or 3-days-in-Florence plans. It has what the others lack: the backstories of those famous guys from Florence that made the city look the way it does: Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Donatello, Dante, Machiavelli, Raphael, Galileo, the Medici family, and many more. (Note: Did you know that most of these guys actually knew each other?!?) Think: People Magazine of the Renaissance. FLORENCE Gems & Giants is the PERFECT Companion to your favorite Florence City Guidebook.
Read an excerpt from Florence - A Traveler's Guide to its Gems & Giants
* The number of reviews given represents the total number of all Amazon customer reviews summed across all english-speaking markets. For more information click here.
**While we try to ensure all prices are correct and up to date, this is ultimately the responsibility of the publisher. 'Readers in the Know' assumes no liability should the price you find on Amazon differ from that displayed here.