News and Book Marketing Blog
This is where we'll be posting articles on the subjects of independent publishing, book marketing and book promotion, as well as providing news updates relating to Readers in the Know.
by Simon Denman4 comments
As promised a week or so ago in my exploratory email to all authors, the "Listen Inside" podcast has now become a reality, extending our potential for book discovery to thousands more readers via iTunes.
Every day I'll be featuring a new book selected from those of our paid members (members who choose to keep their books listed following their 60-day free trial) who have expressed an interest and sent me an excerpt (just a few paragraphs) from one of their books.
For the foreseeable future, there is no additional charge for being featured in this podcast.
The podcast page can be reached at www.readersintheknow.com/podcast and can also be found under "Home" on the main menu.
Please share widely among all your contacts and of course subscribe through iTunes, if you have it installed.
It would also help enormously if you could leave a great review on iTunes for the podcast, since that will help to increase subscriptions and in turn, our book discovery.
If you use some other podcast app that accepts this valid RSS feed, then that should work too.
I am also looking at releasing a couple of smart phone apps in the near future, which should further extend the reach of this podcast and thus further increase book discovery for all of us.
As always, don't forget that as a logged in member, you can earn referral points by sharing any public page of this website with your friends.
What is Readers in the Know?
- Social Media Puzzles & Solutions for Writers
- The Listen Inside Podcast - Book Discovery via iTunes!
- How to Get Book Reviews - Insights from an Indie Reviewer
- Beyond Blogging - Creating your own Author Podcast
- How to time your book promos to create the perfect campaign
- The Ultimate List of Book Promo Sites and Free Submission Tool
- Are you an Ethical Author?
- How to engage Amazon's algorithms to sell more books
- Book Competition with Free Enhanced Listing for RITK members
- Kindle Countdown Campaign Results - Hunter in Orbit
- Countdown Commencing - A Real-Time Case Study in eBook Promotion
- Riding the Review Roller-Coaster
- 6 Tips for Book Discoverability with Readers in the Know
- A 24-HOUR 100-BOOK FACEBOOK PARTY
- The indiePENdents - A response to "The New Gatekeepers of Quality"
- The risk of trying a new author and how I became a fan of Peter James
- How to Reach More Readers by Harnessing Amazon's Algorithms (with and without the elephant)
- The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality
- Discount Promos and Goodreads Giveaways
- Why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover price.
- How Richard Bard, author of critically acclaimed bestselling action thriller series “Brainrush”, got noticed by Amazon's Thomas and Mercer.
- Who really controls the publishing industry?
- How to sell more books outside North America
- New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.