News and Book Marketing Blog
This is where we'll be posting articles on the subjects of independent publishing, book marketing and book promotion, as well as providing news updates relating to Readers in the Know.
by Simon Denman4 comments
Just before Christmas, I promised to publish a comprehensive list of book promo sites and some of you may now be wondering why it's taken so long.
Although I already had a fairly comprehensive list in Excel, which I could have just posted here, I wanted to go one better than that and create a fully interactive book promo submission tool.
In particular, I wanted to:
- Classify each site according to the kind of criteria I myself find useful when planning a book promotion.
- Provide a way to quickly sort the list based on these criteria.
- Be able to create a configurable shortlist of sites that I can come back to each time I promote my book.
- Have this shortlist also act as checklist so I can keep track of which sites I've already submitted to and keep a permanent record of these for future reference.
- Store all the relevant details for each site in a database so I can easily keep them updated, as urls, pricing and other attributes inevitably change over time.
The result, which you can find on its own dedicated page here, (accessible under Questions? in the main menu), I hope you agree, has been worth the wait. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this is now almost certainly the most comprehensive list of book promo sites and free submission tool anywhere on the web today.
Of course, although I've just recently tested the links and verified all the information to the best of my ability, there may still be a few errors in the data and possibly even a bug or two in the application software, so please test it out and share it as widely as you can.
Also remember that if you log in before sharing any public link on this website, you will automatically earn referral points each time someone registers, having first found us through one of your shared links.
What is Readers in the Know?
- Social Media Puzzles & Solutions for Writers
- The Listen Inside Podcast - Book Discovery via iTunes!
- How to Get Book Reviews - Insights from an Indie Reviewer
- Beyond Blogging - Creating your own Author Podcast
- How to time your book promos to create the perfect campaign
- The Ultimate List of Book Promo Sites and Free Submission Tool
- Are you an Ethical Author?
- How to engage Amazon's algorithms to sell more books
- Book Competition with Free Enhanced Listing for RITK members
- Kindle Countdown Campaign Results - Hunter in Orbit
- Countdown Commencing - A Real-Time Case Study in eBook Promotion
- Riding the Review Roller-Coaster
- 6 Tips for Book Discoverability with Readers in the Know
- A 24-HOUR 100-BOOK FACEBOOK PARTY
- The indiePENdents - A response to "The New Gatekeepers of Quality"
- The risk of trying a new author and how I became a fan of Peter James
- How to Reach More Readers by Harnessing Amazon's Algorithms (with and without the elephant)
- The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality
- Discount Promos and Goodreads Giveaways
- Why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover price.
- How Richard Bard, author of critically acclaimed bestselling action thriller series “Brainrush”, got noticed by Amazon's Thomas and Mercer.
- Who really controls the publishing industry?
- How to sell more books outside North America
- New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.