News and Book Marketing Blog
This is where we'll be posting articles on the subjects of independent publishing, book marketing and book promotion, as well as providing news updates relating to Readers in the Know.
by Simon Denman2 comments
Want to show the world that you're different from other authors? - That you'll never stoop to the unethical behaviour that occasionally brings indies to media attention for all the wrong reasons?
A little while ago, I wrote a post entitled The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality in which I mentioned that the Alliance of Independent Authors would soon be launching a voluntary code of ethics to which we could all potentially declare adherence.
Well I'm happy to announce that such a code has indeed just been launched and you can find all the necessary details on the SelfPublishing Advice Blog here.
Furthermore, if you would like to have the "Ethical Author" logo displayed here on your Readers in the Know public author profile page, all you need to do is confirm your adherence to the code by ticking the new checkbox at the bottom of your author profile Edit form (just above the "Save" and "Delete" buttons). To access this edit form, just go to your Publisher Dashboard and click the pencil icon to the right of where it says Author Profile:
The following logo will then be displayed under the social sharing icons below your author profile photo on your public author profile page.
What is Readers in the Know?
- Social Media Puzzles & Solutions for Writers
- The Listen Inside Podcast - Book Discovery via iTunes!
- How to Get Book Reviews - Insights from an Indie Reviewer
- Beyond Blogging - Creating your own Author Podcast
- How to time your book promos to create the perfect campaign
- The Ultimate List of Book Promo Sites and Free Submission Tool
- Are you an Ethical Author?
- How to engage Amazon's algorithms to sell more books
- Book Competition with Free Enhanced Listing for RITK members
- Kindle Countdown Campaign Results - Hunter in Orbit
- Countdown Commencing - A Real-Time Case Study in eBook Promotion
- Riding the Review Roller-Coaster
- 6 Tips for Book Discoverability with Readers in the Know
- A 24-HOUR 100-BOOK FACEBOOK PARTY
- The indiePENdents - A response to "The New Gatekeepers of Quality"
- The risk of trying a new author and how I became a fan of Peter James
- How to Reach More Readers by Harnessing Amazon's Algorithms (with and without the elephant)
- The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality
- Discount Promos and Goodreads Giveaways
- Why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover price.
- How Richard Bard, author of critically acclaimed bestselling action thriller series “Brainrush”, got noticed by Amazon's Thomas and Mercer.
- Who really controls the publishing industry?
- How to sell more books outside North America
- New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.