News and Book Marketing Blog
This is where we'll be posting articles on the subjects of independent publishing, book marketing and book promotion, as well as providing news updates relating to Readers in the Know.
By Simon Denman in collaboration with Conrad Murray at Bookbzz.com17 comments
Readers In The Know is pleased to link up with book recommendations site Bookbzz.com which is currently promoting a "Prize Writer Competition" where authors in 11 categories get the chance to win a Prize Pool and scoop a substantial winning purse.
Entries to this book competition cost $25 per book, but all entry fees are added to a prize-fund which is divided solely between the winners. And to get things started, bookbzz.com have added $1000 dollars to the stakes.
A few days after launch the current prize fund already stands at $2500, but that is expected to expand substantially between now and the closing day for entries on 15th January 2015.
To enter, you must first list your book on bookbzz.com (which is free).
But members of Readers In The Know will get their free listings upgraded to "enhanced" (saving $15) by entering the following coupon code for any entry made before midnight on December 9th 2014.
Enhanced listings qualify for front page and feature pages display and appear higher in searches on the bookbzz.com website.
For full details of the entry categories, how it works, and how to enter, visit bookbzz.com/bee-bookbzz-com-prize-writer
Don't forget to copy and paste your free "enhanced listing" code:
#RiTK05-09/12/14 to get your free bookbzz.com listing upgrade.
If you have any questions about the competition or entry rules please contact email@example.com for assistance.
What is Readers in the Know?
- Social Media Puzzles & Solutions for Writers
- The Listen Inside Podcast - Book Discovery via iTunes!
- How to Get Book Reviews - Insights from an Indie Reviewer
- Beyond Blogging - Creating your own Author Podcast
- How to time your book promos to create the perfect campaign
- The Ultimate List of Book Promo Sites and Free Submission Tool
- Are you an Ethical Author?
- How to engage Amazon's algorithms to sell more books
- Book Competition with Free Enhanced Listing for RITK members
- Kindle Countdown Campaign Results - Hunter in Orbit
- Countdown Commencing - A Real-Time Case Study in eBook Promotion
- Riding the Review Roller-Coaster
- 6 Tips for Book Discoverability with Readers in the Know
- A 24-HOUR 100-BOOK FACEBOOK PARTY
- The indiePENdents - A response to "The New Gatekeepers of Quality"
- The risk of trying a new author and how I became a fan of Peter James
- How to Reach More Readers by Harnessing Amazon's Algorithms (with and without the elephant)
- The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality
- Discount Promos and Goodreads Giveaways
- Why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover price.
- How Richard Bard, author of critically acclaimed bestselling action thriller series “Brainrush”, got noticed by Amazon's Thomas and Mercer.
- Who really controls the publishing industry?
- How to sell more books outside North America
- New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.