News and Book Marketing Blog
This is where we'll be posting articles on the subjects of independent publishing, book marketing and book promotion, as well as providing news updates relating to Readers in the Know.
By Margaret Eleanor Leigh of The Booktrap0 comments
Photo courtesy of Lera blog
The Booktrap is throwing a 24-hour 100-Book Facebook party on Saturday 18th October and YOU are invited!
What is a 100-Book Facebook party, do you ask, and what is The Booktrap?
A 100-Book Facebook party is a bit like any other party: fine company, fine food and drink (from your own refrigerator), party games, and best of all, a real lolly scramble of free books – ebooks and some hard copies.
Co-hosting the party will be the completely bonkers, but very talented Thomas Duder. The party, he says, in a language that can only be described as Mad American, is going to be “so good you’re gonna hafta invite yer momma! It's so off the chain it's right out the MEAT LOCKER!” For those who don’t speak Mad American, this can be translated as “it’s going to be fun.” And there will be plenty of sane people there as well...
The Booktrap is a collective representing authors from right round the globe. Starting eight months ago with just a couple of authors and a handful of books, The Booktrap has turned into a fast-growing group with several dozen authors and has now reached its first milestone of 100 books.
The Booktrap is not just-another-book-promotion-site, it’s a real community. So much so, in fact, that every day is party day at The Booktrap. That’s why the authors want you to share in that joyful spirit, and celebrate their 100-book milestone with them on Saturday 18th October. You can join the party by clicking here.
What is Readers in the Know?
- Social Media Puzzles & Solutions for Writers
- The Listen Inside Podcast - Book Discovery via iTunes!
- How to Get Book Reviews - Insights from an Indie Reviewer
- Beyond Blogging - Creating your own Author Podcast
- How to time your book promos to create the perfect campaign
- The Ultimate List of Book Promo Sites and Free Submission Tool
- Are you an Ethical Author?
- How to engage Amazon's algorithms to sell more books
- Book Competition with Free Enhanced Listing for RITK members
- Kindle Countdown Campaign Results - Hunter in Orbit
- Countdown Commencing - A Real-Time Case Study in eBook Promotion
- Riding the Review Roller-Coaster
- 6 Tips for Book Discoverability with Readers in the Know
- A 24-HOUR 100-BOOK FACEBOOK PARTY
- The indiePENdents - A response to "The New Gatekeepers of Quality"
- The risk of trying a new author and how I became a fan of Peter James
- How to Reach More Readers by Harnessing Amazon's Algorithms (with and without the elephant)
- The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality
- Discount Promos and Goodreads Giveaways
- Why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover price.
- How Richard Bard, author of critically acclaimed bestselling action thriller series “Brainrush”, got noticed by Amazon's Thomas and Mercer.
- Who really controls the publishing industry?
- How to sell more books outside North America
- New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.