News and Book Marketing Blog
This is where we'll be posting articles on the subjects of independent publishing, book marketing and book promotion, as well as providing news updates relating to Readers in the Know.
New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.19 Aug 2014
by Simon Denman0 comments
We're very pleased to announce that in addition to this brand new blog, in which we'll be posting site news together with articles on book marketing and promotion, we have just added two exciting new features to our book profile pages: Display of Video Trailers and a cool new "Read Excerpt" feature.
To see what these new features will look like, the first trailer to be added can be seen here on the book page for David T. Wolf's "Mindclone" and the "Read Excerpt" feature can be seen on my own book's page here (currently requires Adobe Flash Player, although this limitation should be removed shortly).
Both features can now be added via your book's edit page which is accessed by selecting "Books" under "Publishing" in the main menu (only appears when logged in as an author, publisher or agent) and clicking on the pencil icon in the "Title" column of the book management table.
For full details of how to add your trailer, see the FAQ entry here.
For full details of how to add your Read Excerpt feature, see the FAQ entry here.
The read excerpt feature requires the additional step of signing up for a free account at BookBuzzr, uploading the extract you want to appear and having them create your own Bookbuzzr widget. It doesn't take long though and after it's done you'll be able to embed the widget in your own website as well if you want.
What is Readers in the Know?
- Social Media Puzzles & Solutions for Writers
- The Listen Inside Podcast - Book Discovery via iTunes!
- How to Get Book Reviews - Insights from an Indie Reviewer
- Beyond Blogging - Creating your own Author Podcast
- How to time your book promos to create the perfect campaign
- The Ultimate List of Book Promo Sites and Free Submission Tool
- Are you an Ethical Author?
- How to engage Amazon's algorithms to sell more books
- Book Competition with Free Enhanced Listing for RITK members
- Kindle Countdown Campaign Results - Hunter in Orbit
- Countdown Commencing - A Real-Time Case Study in eBook Promotion
- Riding the Review Roller-Coaster
- 6 Tips for Book Discoverability with Readers in the Know
- A 24-HOUR 100-BOOK FACEBOOK PARTY
- The indiePENdents - A response to "The New Gatekeepers of Quality"
- The risk of trying a new author and how I became a fan of Peter James
- How to Reach More Readers by Harnessing Amazon's Algorithms (with and without the elephant)
- The New Gatekeepers of Publishing Quality
- Discount Promos and Goodreads Giveaways
- Why we shouldn't judge a book by its cover price.
- How Richard Bard, author of critically acclaimed bestselling action thriller series “Brainrush”, got noticed by Amazon's Thomas and Mercer.
- Who really controls the publishing industry?
- How to sell more books outside North America
- New Features! Video Trailers and Bookbuzzr "Read Excerpt" widget.